Over one million people in Ontario are affected by mental health and addictions challenges every year1. Recent polls have found that during the COVID-19 pandemic, Canadians are reporting their highest-ever levels of depression and anxiety2. Renew Church is hosting a Mental Health and Suicide Prevention webinar to help participants navigate this important issue that affects us all, whether directly or indirectly. Topics to be covered include:
- What is mental health, mental wellness and mental illness?
- Identifying signs and the contributing factors of anxiety, depression and suicidal ideation
- Suicide prevention
- Supporting others
- Fostering good mental health
- Knowing your community mental health resources (Peel, Halton, Kitchener-Waterloo)
- Q & A – Submit your questions when you register