RENEW RUSH: A COMMUNITY FUN RUN
SATURDAY, APRIL 28, 2018
Lace up your running shoes for the Mayfield West 5 km Community Fun Run plus a kids’ 1 km run taking place in Southfields Village, Caledon on Saturday, April 28th, 2018. All proceeds will be donated to the Caledon Community Services food bank and a Syrian refugee family for their living expenses. Come have fun with the family at a community event that supports health and wellness and gives back to some great causes. There will be activities for the whole family between 9:00 – 11:00am including prizes and giveaways. Each participant will also receive a shoe tag at the registration table on race day to track their results.
Date: Saturday, April 28th, 2018
9:00am – 1 km Kids’ Fun Run for ages 0-11 (register your kids when you sign up for the 5 km)
9:30am – 5 km Fun Run, ages 12 and up
12:00pm – End of run event
Route: All races start and end at John Clarkson Park.
Location: John Clarkson Park, Caledon (formerly Village Blue Park) 415 Dougall Avenue, Southfields Village, Caledon (Kennedy Road North of Mayfield Road)
Registration: $35 for registrations received by April 8; $40 for registrations received after April 8. Registration deadline is April 25.
Registrations are limited. Each registered runner can register their children for a free kids’ 1 km run (children must be 0-11 years old)
Our mission for the run is:
- The promotion of active lifestyles for all individuals; we feel it is an integral component of creating a healthy and vibrant community
- To create an intimate & encouraging race environment for all participants to achieve their personal best
- To bring members of the community together & develop relationships while participating in something they enjoy
A unique experience for runners utilizing the Mayfield West terrain including parts of the beautiful Etobicoke Creek. This run will challenge you with diversity of a nice gentle downhill, two challenging uphills, flat areas, road and trail loop course.
(parking along Dougall Avenue in front of the event park will be reserved for organizers and for Handicap permits only)
- Southfields Village Public School, 110 Learmont Avenue
- Dennison Park, 109, 145 Learmont Avenue, next to Southfields Village Public School
- Bonnieglen Farm Park, corner of Twistleton Street & Learmont Avenue
- Parking is also available throughout the community, the Town of Caledon traffic by-laws must be followed if parking on the street.
Washrooms facilities located at event.
Park & event are Handicap accessible
Sponsorship opportunities please call: 647-209-6272 or email: RunMayfieldWest@gmail.com