RENEW RUSH: A COMMUNITY FUN RUN
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2019
Lace up your running shoes for the Mayfield West 5 km Community Fun Run and 1km kids’ run taking place in Southfields Village, Caledon on Saturday, September 28th, 2019. All proceeds will be donated to the Caledon Community Services food bank. Come have fun with the family at a community event that supports health and wellness and gives back to a great cause. There will be activities for the whole family between 9:00 – 11:00am including prizes and giveaways. Each participant will also receive a shoe tag at the registration table on race day to track their results.
Date: Saturday, September 28th, 2019
8:30am – Registration begins
9:15am – 1km Kids’ Run (ages 10 and under)
9:45am – 5 km Fun Run (ages 11+)
12:00pm – End of run event
Route: All races start and end at John Clarkson Park.
Location: John Clarkson Park, Caledon (formerly Village Blue Park) 415 Dougall Avenue, Southfields Village, Caledon (Kennedy Road North of Mayfield Road)
Registration: $35 for registrations received by August 31; $40 for registrations received after August 31. Registration deadline is September 25.
Registrations are limited. Participants must be 11 years of age or older to participate in 5k run, and 10 years or younger to participate in 1k Kids’ Run. Children are free with a registered adult. Younger children can participate in jogging strollers free of charge.
Our mission for the run is:
- The promotion of active lifestyles for all individuals; we feel it is an integral component of creating a healthy and vibrant community
- To create an intimate & encouraging race environment for all participants to achieve their personal best
- To bring members of the community together & develop relationships while participating in something they enjoy
A unique experience for runners utilizing the Mayfield West terrain including parts of the beautiful Etobicoke Creek. This run will challenge you with diversity of a nice gentle downhill, two challenging uphills, flat areas, road and trail loop course.
(parking along Dougall Avenue in front of the event park will be reserved for organizers and for Handicap permits only)
- Southfields Village Public School, 110 Learmont Avenue
- Dennison Park, 109, 145 Learmont Avenue, next to Southfields Village Public School
- Bonnieglen Farm Park, corner of Twistleton Street & Learmont Avenue
- Parking is also available throughout the community, the Town of Caledon traffic by-laws must be followed if parking on the street.
Washrooms facilities located at event.
Park & event are Handicap accessible
Sponsorship opportunities please call: 647-209-6272 or email: RunMayfieldWest@gmail.com